Sunday, 11 September 2011

Reinspired

After such a brilliant day yesterday, I felt reinspired by the whole 'growing stuff' thing. The weather was supposed to be dreadful, with high winds and torrential rain, but in fact it turned into a perfect lottie day. So we packed up the lottie bag and spent 2 and a 1/2 hours weeding, planting and sowing.

The pumpkin bed is still looking healthy, though the only real fruit growing are the Tromba d'Albenga.














I planted out some bare-root Purple Sprouting Broccoli plants that I bought yesterday at the show.



MrPB continued the impossible task of digging out the  horseradish roots. It's gone seriously deep, and we may have to resort to a glyphosate weedkiller.


We weeded three other beds ready for planting up with a variety of brassicas and leeks that are still sitting on my patio in pots!!

 










I sowed some rows of Spinach, Radichio and Lambs Lettuce for over wintering.

...and finally, here are my beetroot and parsnips...they've been in the ground for months, but wouldn't even give a mouse a decent meal! Grrrrrrrrrrrr.


No comments:

Post a Comment