Tuesday, 30 November 2010

Snow in November!?!

What is going on with the weather? Snow in November, it's incredible! I do love snow, but I was really hoping to get some Aquadulce Claudia Broad Beans sown this month if it stayed mild. Looks like I've well and truely missed the opportunity now. Nevermind, I'll just have to sow plenty in the spring. I might try and do a successional sewing as I've got a long pod variety as well...it might extend my season a little bit, if I can just keep the blackfly off.

Anyway, mustn't talk about seed sowing too much, or I'll get all excited and try to do some now!! I've already got withdrawl symptoms from not sowing anything for a few months. My next seeds to sow (as I mentioned in an earlier post) are onions. I've bought Ailsa Craig (big'uns for the shows!), and a long red variety, but I really must sit on my hands until the day after Boxing Day, or they'll get confused, bolt and then run to seed.

In place of actual gardening, I took some piccies of the back garden this afternoon, swathed in its wintery glory...ooh pretty!



No comments:

Post a Comment