Monday, 20 December 2010

Moonplanting Onion Trial Part 2

Here we are, one week later and my second pot of onion seeds is sown. So now we wait and see what happens.



Interestingly, there is a total lunar eclipse tomorrow morning (around 6.30). I wonder if that will have an effect, or whether this will already have been calculated into the Lunar Planting Calendars (I asked Zazen, but she didn't know). I've also had a look on http://www.thegardenerscalendar.co.uk/, which has a moonplanting calendar you can look at for free, but it also doesn't mention eclipses having an effect...interesting, very interesting.

Edit: I've been doing some research on the web, and http://www.lunarorganics.com/ suggest that whenever there is an eclipse, conjunction or opposition, it is best not to do anything in the garden or at the allotment, so this trial may be flawed, but it's still very interesting. Well, I'm intrigued enough to maybe buy myself a moon planting calendar.

No comments:

Post a Comment