Saturday, 5 March 2011

The Mystery of the Garden String

So there I was, at 8.30 this morning, doing the washing up, looking out of the kitchen window onto our back garden. A Coal Tit came down and took some seed from the bird feeder on the pergola, Mr Blackbird flew down onto the birdtable, and the Goldfinches were happily munching nyjer seed in the hawthorn tree. A vision of ornithological perfection.

A movement caught my attention...Mr Norty (the squirrel) had entered the garden. I went and got my camera, and this is what I saw...

First, he was being all cute...


Then he got a mischievous glint in his eye...





















...He headed down the pergola post...

And stole all my string again!!!!





Look at that! Caught red handed! what a little monkey!!



...I may have to resort to wiring my grapevines up instead...*sigh*





No comments:

Post a Comment