Sunday, 27 March 2011

Spring forward!

I've been doing loads of seed sowing over the last couple of weeks, so I haven't blogged it all as I've gone along, however, here's a list of what I've done:

Flower seeds sown:
Dahlia 'Double Dwarf Mixed'
Dahlia 'Dandy Mixed'
Stock 'Cinderella Mixed'
Sweet Pea 'Old Fashioned mix'
Aquilegia black double
Aquilegia blue and white frilly jobbie (that's the actual description given to me by the donator, Liz.
Eschscholzia 'Bridal Bouquet'
Scabious 'Pincushion Mix'
Linaria 'Moon River'
Rudbeckia Purpuea 'Brilliant Star'
French Marigolds 'Safari mixed' and 'Naughty Marietta'...I've often wondered why Marietta was so naughty...

Flower bulbs planted:
Anemone coronaria 'Royal'
Lilium Asiatic 'Navona'
Dahlia semi cactus 'My Love'
Triteleia 'Queen Fabiola'
Iris hollandica 'Blue Pearl'
Gladiolus grandiflora 'White Prosperity'...which gives me an excellent excuse to quote one of my favourite films, Hitchcock's 'Marnie' "Oooh, we could stand Gladiolas!"
Vegetable seeds sown:
Brussel Sprouts 'Silverline'
White Sprouting Broccoli
Cauliflower 'Snowball'
Cauliflower 'Candid Charm'
Cabbage 'Hispi'
Cabbage 'Greyhound'
Cabbage 'Copenhagen Market'
Broccoli 'Arcadia'
Beetroot 'Boltardy'
Beetroot 'Cylindra'
Spinach 'Scenic'
Carrot 'Early Nantes 2'
Carrot F1 'Bolero'
Radish 'French Breakfast 3' ...that's a lot of breakfasts, even for a Hobbit!
Radish 'Ravanello Candela Di Fuolo'...the maddest colour radish I've ever seen!
Tomato 'Britain's Breakfast'
Tomato 'Gardener's Delight'
Tomato 'Sweet Olive'
Tomato 'Roma'
Tomato 'Piglet Willie's Black French'
Chilli 'Hot Rokita'
Chilli 'Fuego Ibrido F1'
Chilli 'Scotch Bonnet'
Chilli 'Hot Cayenne' (these chillis are in addition to the ones I'm growing at work with a collegue, which I haven't mentioned before, but as they're doing so well, I really ought to post about them)

On top of all that, I've also weeded the front 'woodland' garden...took a couple of hours, but it's looking really special. The hellebores, primroses, wood anemones and violets are absolutely singing in the spring sunshine!!





Here's a shot of the whole 'woodland' garden, but it doesn't really do it justice.


and finally here's me sowing seeds under my Wilkos cloche

2 comments:

  1. Cool Woodland Garden! Wow have you had time for anything BUT sowing... I'm behind - Must catch up!!! ;o)

    PS - You are welcome to come over and sort out my front "neglected" garden (I hesitate to call it a garden) any time you like!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Jb! A collegue stopped me at work today and said 'Was that you in your front garden, with your bottom in the air, on Sunday?' and I replied 'Yep, that was me!!' :-)

    ReplyDelete